Well, 2018's first week has come and gone and I am honestly ready to officially jump into it. 2017 broke me and put me together again. As a result, I feel so different now... a completely different person. However, I am incredibly inspired by this change.
2018 is my rebirth year.
This is the year I get to explore and become familiar with this "new" version of myself... I know it sounds cliché but I cannot think of a better way to put it. This led me to set aside the first week of the year to reflect on what this means to me. I spent the week organizing our home and my mind. By Friday I had compiled a list of goals and reminders I wished to keep present in my mind moving forward into 2018. As of today, I have already "completed" two, and quite a few are currently in progress. Definitely looking forwards to "crossing" off many (Well, hopefully ALL) of these as the year progresses.
(Watching the last sunset of 2017)
1. Clean out my email inbox(es).
2. Travel more
3. Create a study area in our little loft for myself... going to coffee shops every day is just not practical this semester.
4. Fill our home with more plants.
5. Learn more about house plants and how to help them thrive.
5. When cooking, experiment with new recipes more often.
6. Make more time for friends and family.
7. Stop and write when the words come.
8. Update a new organization system for inspiration, ideas, goals, notes and thoughts.
9. Focus on an even greater plant-based diet and as locally grown as possible.
10. Take a photography class (Already registered!).
11. Send more handwritten letters.
12. Wake up early most mornings.
13. Listen to more music and explore new genres.
14. Go to bed on time.
15. Make time once a week for self care (read a good book, take a long bath, go to a yoga class, etc.).
16. Prioritize breakfast.
17. Start my mornings with a stretching routine.
18. Drink more water.
19. Launch my online "store".
20. Get rid of all the clothes and items I don't use anymore.
21. Organize our fridge, pantry, closets, and storage area.
22. Host more brunches, dinners, and get-together's in our home.
23. Organize and create more Spotify playlists... one for every emotion and moment.
24. Do away with chemical-heavy everyday products and replace them with natural/earth-friendly/toxin-free ones.
25. Live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.
26. Listen to more podcasts.
27. Do something good for my body’s health everyday through physical activity.
28. Live with less.
29. Continue embracing the natural me (Hello curls!)
30. Love and live passionately.
31. Move forward in my career.
32. Build the world I want to live in.
33. Focus on prayer.
“IN THE CURRENTS OF LIFE, IN ACTION’S STORM, I FLOAT AND I WAVE WITH BILLOWY MOTION! BIRTH AND THE GRAVE A LIMITLESS OCEAN, A CONSTANT WEAVING WITH CHANGE STILL RIFE, A RESTLESS HEAVING, A GLOWING LIFE- THIS TIME’S WHIRRING LOOM UNCEASING I PLY, AND WEAVE THE LIFE-GARMENT IF DEITY.”
– JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE, FAUST